The LVR course is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by Rapid1stAid.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909:
- UETTDRRF06B Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Students completing this course Must also Hold (and produce a copy of Certificate at training) or Complete HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. As a rule Rapid1stAid runs the combined skill set which includes the two course codes in one course for all public booking, if you believe you meet the requirement with a group booking where LVR on it own can be delivered please contact using the below form to request a call back.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a Rapid1stAid training facility.
- Face to face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Refresher training – 2 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
- Prerequisite – This course has a prerequisite of HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Physical fitness – Participants must have the physical capacity to complete a practical demonstration of a simulated LV panel rescue.
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Inspect and place rescue equipment
- Implement Occupational Health and Safety workplace procedures and practices including the use of risk control measures
- Identify and label the isolation point
- Perform a rescue from a LV panel
- Call for the ambulance
- Discuss first aid options and treatment
- Prevent access to the area
- Verbally report the incident
- Theory assessment – A written exam consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. All questions must be completed.